Friday, January 6, 2012

reaching moonward

{via pinterest}
do you know how often i wish i could touch the moon?

it's the way i feel when a worship song slides down my spine and nests in my soul, as guitars strum and soft voices lift a single Name from Earth to Heaven. and all i can do is reach upward, fingers stretching out as though to grip the rafters and rise.

it's especially true on nights like this, when quilts and pillows comfort the sniffling and the sneezing. on oddly warm winter evenings when the sky is purple and orange and it's like watching the Saviour take a sacred moment to fingerpaint the sky.

and i reach out trembling hands, overcome with awe and wonder, up toward the mast where the albatross in the windstorm has roosted just long enough to roar in Lion's tongue

you are safe
you are loved
and you are Mine.

it's then that i ache just a bit inside. because like a wife who misses a husband gone with only telephone dials and cyber connections to keep them joined over seas and county lines, i ache for my Jesus. 

:: and so my fingers reach moonward ::

and i feel that overwhelming peace as moonlight shines down and i cry, oh, how i want to be brave. how i want to understand. and i am, because that's what He promised. we linked fingers, He and i, over a glass of merlot and black ink promises of lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. 

He promised me brave. He promised me warrioress. He promised me daughter

and so i still reach moonward and sing to the darkness where my Saviour lingers

oh, i'm running to Your arms.
Light of the world,
forever reign. 

3 comments:

  1. oh i love this. i have such an attraction to the moon too. it draws me in. i was just looking at it earlier tonight. so bright and beautiful. just a few more days before it's full. and i understand reaching moonward, reaching for Jesus. because i ache for Him too. keep clinging to the promises, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you describe me when you post. truly. this is lovely. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could travel to the moon. Moreover, I wish that it were more of a shining crystal ball than a barren, white wasteland. That would be lovely.

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon