Monday, January 16, 2012

blessing overwhelming {228-235}

{via pinterest}
this month is half over already. and it's overwhelmed with blessings

i started this month with a whisper of a word, spoken to the night like a pleading, a promise. brave.

and then the world started tangling and twisting, so many things changed in the space of sixteen short days. and fingers fumbled with slender packages and whispered words of new life discovered as i leaned against a cold steel wall. 

and my blessings continued to grow, even as my mind churned in wonder and i felt myself changing from the inside out. it's the strangest, the deepest growing that i have ever experienced.

this -- these months counting down on infant fingers and toes...this is my most breathtaking brush with sacredness yet. 
  • 228. two dark purple lines that change a life forever
  • 229. rest from weariness, peace in confusion
  • 230. brand-new grandparents, eyes illuminated with the excitement of new life
  • 231. fresh grapefruit and woven wheat crackers. 
  • 232. the connecting fingers of sisters and friends, the ones that care and the ones that cradle
  • 233. a husband rejoicing, a family celebrating. 
  • 234. learning to change my body's position in sleep and in life, moving my feet in step with the dance of mother instead of me
  • 235. now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us. {eph. 3:20}
and so i'm continuing to find the beauty in the seemingly ordinary. those things that are perhaps forgotten, perhaps misunderstood. these are the things i'm learning to love. 

i'm getting a stronger grasp on the important, seeking the sacred in the foggy mirrors and the crumpled scraps of paper. 

:: becoming mother ::
:: becoming warioress ::
:: becoming seeker ::

becoming braver and braver, day by day. 

5 comments:

  1. OH!!!!! Are you serious right now?!?!?!? EeeeeeeeeK!!!! BABY!!!!! I am sending "congratulations" across the skies, right the the heart of where you are . . .

    Love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I am so overjoyed for you and your family! Congratulations! Can't wait to read more about this exciting journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just sooooo exciting! I am almost screamed out loud after reading your last post! So exciting! COngratulations! I love hearing news like this!

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon