Wednesday, December 14, 2011

ink smears

do you know what it's like to hear the voice say

flip the pages and flow

but to have no idea what the flow means? black and white in sunless nights without the urge to fight anymore?

did i forget my passion once again, like the strummer with the broken strings who forgot how to sing in the night we mentioned before?

it's battlescars from movie stars who pinch invisible rolls and wail "i'm fat" and nothing can heal that but reality.

and it's hard to get past that when the mirror speaks lies and the world speaks water for truth but the reality is wine, but we tossed it out with the trash because we counted the calories on the back.

do we remember who we are? 

the chosen people with broken telescopes that won't look past tattoos and high heeled shoes and conceiling black robes that leave everything to the imagination?

we forgot our before with empty shores of seashell glass and glassy eyes and one footprint where two would have failed.

because it's nothing we can done alone. because silence is okay, but pushing the door shut and crying don't let anyone see, don't let anyone in

i feel more broken when i turn my back to Him.

because He already sees, and it's broken hearts that He heals and tattered scrapbooks that paint His portrait when we couldn't even see the road.

so black and white is okay, i think, in the long run when all we have is the sun at our back and the Son at the front where the ink flows and we can acknowledge our broken pieces.

so pick up your pen, dusty traveller,

the dawn is here and the ink is flowing.

{linking imperfection with emily}



6 comments:

  1. "and the world speaks water for truth but the reality is wine" .... LOVE THIS. so true. beautiful, all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brava!!! this is so amazing! this has become one of my (current) favorite posts (hard to pick an all time favorite, you know). so beautiful. so right on. so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice...this is writeen in a strong voice...love it...some great lines throughout...like this...


    the chosen people with broken telescopes that won't look past tattoos and high heeled shoes and conceiling black robes that leave everything to the imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  4. when mirrors speak lies. I cannot look in a mirror and trust what I see. I know my brain is twisted with the lies in my mind. I loved this post. so strong. so much truth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm with brian... this is definitely a strong poetic voice, and i love the lines he quoted... thank you for convicting us with your prose, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this may be my favorite of yours...and I have many... ;) I like the water and wine line, as well. I also love the way battlescars from movie stars rolls off the lips...

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon