Thursday, November 17, 2011

submerged

{via pinterest -- America's Next Top Model}
for the past week, i have been singing the same song.

lead me to the cross by Francesca Battistelli 

it's been following me, actually. i keep hearing it everywhere i go. 

they haunt me, these words. the simplest of truths, locked into this precious melody. it makes me weep every time i hear the first few notes of this song float from my speakers and fill the room. 

and this morning, as i sat and listened to this song, as the tears flowed again down my cheeks, He whispered to me then.

do you see now? 
do you see Me better?
because this is what I want you to understand, child. 
you must be SUBMERGED into Me. 

and i wept anew. because this is my whole purpose.  

no other religion has this sense of relationship, this place of community with the Holy One. 

it's a lake in which i yearn to drown. i don't want to stand at the bank anymore with my toes just brushing the surface. 

i want to be drenched in Him. i want to hear Him everywhere i go. i want to fully grasp His humanity and His Godship into my soul. 

i want to fully lose myself into Him. 

because there is the calm beneath the water. i am held so close to the heart of Christ. i crave this silent rush that comes when i allow myself to slip beneath the surface of this Living Water. 

drowning to survive.
death to self to life in Him.

i wish i could express to you the passion burning in my soul. i weep as i write this with the realization that i have allowed myself to remain in the boat. i merely live on His surface. 
{via pinterest -- America's Next Top Model}

do the waves frighten me too much? is my faith that small, that fragile, that i cannot trust myself into the Hands of the One who has carried me thus far? 

have i forgotten that He is no stranger to this place of struggle?

You were as i, tempted and tried. 
human. 
the Word became flesh, bore my sin and death
now You're risen!

i need to step out, hands spread and eyes fixed only on Him.

i need to let the chaos fade to black and let my focus burn onto His eyes. 

He broke the ground for me to follow.

this is my inheritance.


4 comments:

  1. Truly amazing again. To be submerged in Him, this is my aim and my purpose. Even though it means certain death, because I can not breathe under water. Death to me, but alive in Him, this is what I must be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful. you are deeply submerged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful as always - beautifully written but even more beautiful because it is wrapped in truth. you speak to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this. Truly beautiful and thought provoking. I'm a new follower on your blog, and I love the way you express things. It brings thoughts to my mind in a whole new way.

    May you (and I) sink even deeper into Christ and His love.

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon