Monday, September 26, 2011

sparks {102-117}

today is cold. wet. rainy. so grey and oppressive.

the kind of day that makes you want to curl up and just shut the world out. no more noise or cold or wind and rain.

nothing good. only the dark.

but i find this crackling hearth in my soul. and i sit beside the soul-glow and find the warm from blessing upon blessing.
  • 102. cableknit sweaters and knitted scarves
  • 103. letters from friends. hand-penned words in lavender pencil, even from growth comes love. 
  • 104. acoustic guitars 
  • 106. friendship
  • 108. peace. the chance to slow. to rest. to be still.
  • 109. hot chocolate
  • 110. Ravenclaw. 
  • 111. discovering i am more than i can see, worth more than i might think. 
  • 112. Him. what greater blessing is there than my King? 
  • 113. warmth.  
  • 114. touch. 
  • 115. surrender. 
  • 116. family. 
  • 117. light. 
again, small things. 

my little things.

but on these days of darkness, of grey, of cold and damp

these are my sparks. 

my flames to melt the ice.



3 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, darling! So glad OZ! went well. Great post :))
    -Jocee <3
    {pee ess: you know you and Carlotta [pastor's girl's ponderings] share a birthday? Cool right :P :)}

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things -- a chance word, a tap on the shoulder, or a penny dropped on a newsstand -- I am tempted to think...there are no little things." --Bruce Barton

    i love your little things that are actually big things--big things because of the significance that they have to you. big things because they melt the ice. thank you for sharing some of your special things. <3 i love your Monday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coming here and reading your lists! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon