Tuesday, September 6, 2011

septembre

Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.  ~George Eliot

i can't believe that it's about that time again

that time for me to blog in bed amid a pile of mounded quilts and goose-down pillows, to see a puff of fog in the air when i take that first rich inhale of morning breath.

i love these mornings. these autumn mornings that have turned from sweltering to shivering in a matter of two days.

and i could not be more entranced.

it's time for gorgeous existence.

it's mocha autumn. 

it's pumpkin spice and colours turning from green to golden reds.

it's oversized Perdue and Life Action hoodies, fluffy blue socks that never touch my feet save during these simple months.

it's curling up by bonfires with friends and sleeping bags and counting stars on our backs. it's remembering moments of rising sparks and cell phone messages from 2007 that i kept and listen to time and again.

it's Gilmore Girls. Grey's Anatomy. 


it's my final 17 days before my utmost maturity point must be reached.

it's apple cider 
and apple orchards 
and apple cider donuts
it's all things apple and spicy. 

i love autumn. it's finally here after taking so long. 

it's time for perfect mocha cocoa.

it's time for September.  

welcome back, autumn. i missed you.  

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.  ~Albert Camus


11 comments:

  1. I love this post. It made me wish for cooler weather already, (We are in the 100's this week) Now I want to bring out my little crock pot and fill it with cinnamon and cloves to leave burning all through the season! Your post made me smell and taste all the fall pleasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the pep talk I needed today. This is the first year I really was not ready for autumn. I'm going to call it my mocha autumn. Thanks! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it was colder here!! We had a few days of 70 but now it's back up into the 90's! *sigh* I guess I will just ave to imagine cooler weather while I make pumpkin spice whoopie pies this afternoon! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely lovely! I agree with Amanda: totally a great peptalk. xD It just made me happy. All things fall make me happy. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. Autumn is definitely my favorite season <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES YES YES YES YES! I LOVE AUTUMN AND I LOVE THAT IT IS FINALLY HERE!! *runs around like over-caffeinated child*

    ReplyDelete
  7. good timing!
    me and my sister are just making a cinnamon apple pie right now! and it is rainy, cold and windy outside. this post was all I needed to sink into autumn with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the air of this post is sweetly intoxicating.
    no words for how much i love this:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this! I am just making sticky buns and am waiting at them to rise:)
    I love autumn. it is my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those two quotes...a couple of my favs. i love love fall. it's the perfect season. it's still rather summery here, but there are hints of autumn. and i love every single one of them. today was chilly, and i just had a hot mocha. i drink mostly iced coffee in the summer; hot coffee is the mark that colder weather is around the corner. :) it's perfect. and this was a perfect post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Autumn is here and life is beautiful!!!!!

    Loved this post. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon