Sunday, August 14, 2011

Watercolour

After a thousand watercolors you will find you have fallen in love with paper and paint. ~Rex Brandt

I wish I was more of an artist.

I took four years of Artistics in high school, but even that was barely enough to scratch the surface of the things I wish I knew.

My favourite medium is watercolour.

It's more than just a damp horsehair brush rubbed against the caked colour pallets.

It's something deeper...richer...more powerful.

There's more to a watercolour painting than first meets the eye.

The colours run, blend, combining together into something far more than the artist could ever have originally anticipated.

That's why my heart races at the sight of a watercolour canvas. You can't always plan ahead. You can't always see the future.

The colours have lives of their own, dancing and flooding together...as if they too had minds and hearts and souls.

I'm blessed to have a watercolour life.

A life that is more than what I can see at first glace...beautifully composed by the most incredibly talented Artist this world has ever known.

I'm a canvas.

Cover me in watercolour.

I really think that everyone should have watercolors, magnetic poetry, and a harmonica. ~The Perks of Being a Wallflower

6 comments:

  1. I just did some watercolor painting today. I love it a lot, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) love it! and perks is one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE watercolor!! Seeing it AND doing it. :) I'm gonna work on some watercolor postcards today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a couple watercolor classes when I was much younger. I loved it and had a pretty decent knack to it too. I wish I had been able to stick with it. You're so right about the analogy. It's not always predictable. I think that's one thing I loved about it...how the colors would run together. And yeah, it's just like life. I love these little bits of your heart that you share with us everyday. :) It's really special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words make me want to grab a paintbrush. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right. Life may not be perfect, but it can be beautiful - just like a watercolor painting :)

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon