Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rêve

I dreamed a dream in time gone by / When hope was high / And life worth living / I dreamed that love would never die / I dreamed that God would be forgiving / Then I was young and unafraid / And dreams were made and used and wasted / There was no ransom to be paid / No song unsung, no wine untasted... ~I Dreamed A Dream, Les Miserables

I dream a lot. 

It's something I've dealt with ever since I was about four years old, and I discovered books. 

It was like a door burst open in my soul...I found myself entirely unable to reign in my imagination. 

Since then, I have come to my own conclusion.

Everyone's a dreamer.

We all have our secret longings, whether we're willing to admit them or not.

Some of us are more expressive with our dreams. We write bucket lists, pouring our innermost longings into our imaginings, be they exceptionally easy or intensely complicated to achieve.

They are all different, depending on the dreamer, but every wish and every heartcry has one thing in common.

There is passion locked behind each and every dream.

Maybe it's something we found in the pages of a book, a winding forest path lined with fairies and mysterious flowers found nowhere else.

Or perhaps it's something we were born to explore...a familial heritage that we too seek to achieve. 
 
Regardless of the dream, no matter what the wish may be, there is one thing that remains the same. 


Your way is secure. 


Your path is laid by the hand of the ultimate Waymaker, the One who sets the world to turning.

He sees your heart and knows your dreams.  

So don't be afraid. 

Rest. 

Be still.  
Embrace the silence.

Let go

and dream. 

“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” ~Ephesians 4:20
(Also, don't forget about the giveaway. Only ten days left to enter to win some beautiful jewelry.)
(Guest posting here this week!)

2 comments:

  1. yes, i love this! i was actually thinking about this/talking about this the other day. i was asked to think about what dreaming/wishing meant to me. sometimes i feel like my dreams are impossible, and they're silly to think about. sometimes i wish for something, and then that's all it is. a brief wish, that soon departs. but what if dreams were like silent prayers? what if wishing was like secrets between me and the Divine? i love that verse you quoted! how often i forget that! yes, dream...dream and wish. because He is able to make it all come true. He knows my deepest desires, and He also knows what is best for me. sometimes I forget that He knows me so well. i forget that He knows my deepest wishes and dreams. i forget that He's the only one who is truly able to make my dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was lovely, and I feel like I could go on about it, since I too am a dreamer. But I don't think words could describe how wonderful it is to know that God is directing our paths.

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon