Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Courageux

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.  ~Ambrose Redmoon

The question has been asked.

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?


It's a frightening question, really.

What would our lives be like if fear was pushed to the back burner, and if letting someone down by our actions was impossible?

How would we live?

What mountains would you attempt to climb? What rivers would you swim or what cliffs would you traverse?

It's hard for me to not look back over my past and cringe at my own short comings...at those times that fear kept me from leaping ahead and taking things as they came, instead of running toward my nearest corner to hide from my own potential.

I think I'm going to make mid-year resolutions. I know I'm late to the game, but I'm going to start over.

I'm going to attack my life head-on. I am going to let go of my fears, and I am going to start trusting my God to supply my needs and carry my hurts.

I am going to leap into achieving my bucket list...those dreams that might seem just too big to reach.

I am going to continue to count my blessings, day by day.

I will speak the truth even if my voice quivers.

I am going to be real.

I am going to live as though I cannot fail.

And in Him, this is my reality.

Carpe diem. Carpe vitam. 

Seize the day. Seize life. 

Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.  ~Mary Anne Radmacher

6 comments:

  1. I love love that last quote at the end. Being brave isn't being fearless -- it's having fear but doing it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! And that last quote is so true.
    \\\

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those quotes! beautiful post, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for posting this! beautiful quotes! o and i'm now following your lovely blog!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyway.
    I love you, and I needed this. God is so good, and you are a blessing! Be courageous, for I am praying for you daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is it that you bring tears to my eyes and conviction to my heart in each post? I'm thankful that Father is using you to work in my life. Your words are so beautifully strung together. I love your writing style and so wish that we could sit together over coffee and share our journeys.

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon