Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wave

In the quiet, in the stillness / I know that You are God / In the secret of Your presence / I know there I am restored. / When You call I won't refuse / Each new day again I'll choose...There is no one else for me / None but Jesus / Crucified to set me free / Now I live to bring Him praise...~Brooke Fraser, None But Jesus


I am a chaotic human being.


I stress myself out more than I would like to admit. 


I'm very bad at remaining calm when it comes to myself. When my friends are struggling, I am a steady rock for them, keeping my head to ensure that they remain calm and level as their world shakes around them. 


But when it comes to myself?


I'm a hurricane. 


And eventually, I entirely collapse under the weight of my own confusion, heartache, and overflowing coffers of stress. 


I need to stop.


I need to remind myself that it's not a sin to breathe...


...that the entire universe won't crumble to the floor if I don't take a few minutes for myself...


...that there's Someone bigger than me who runs the universe. 


I need to give Him back the wheel, because I'm starting to skid off the road just a little bit...and this lack of my own control is starting to scare me more than I'm willing to admit. 


I need to let Him take over. 


I need to remind myself who my Father is...who my King is...who my Savior is.


I need to let Him use His strength to carry the world...


...and to carry me.


So I'm sitting on the lawn, waving goodbye to my worries as they take off toward the sunset with the birds.


It's on Him now. 


He's never let me down so far. 


And I don't think He's going to start now. 


In the chaos, in confusion / I know You're sovereign still / In the moment of my weakness / You give me grace to do Your will / So when You call I won't delay / This my song through all my days...~Brooke Fraser, None But Jesus

4 comments:

  1. What a great reminder, I also need to stop being a hurricane! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this post really spoke to me. I'm going to bookmark the page so I can read it again and again, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Lady! He is a sure rock, as you just said! I love the verse that says "lead me to the rock that is higher than I." It's so perfect.
    Know that I am praying for you, and that He uses our weakness to make His strength perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog
    http://mrsjuliajulia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon