Thursday, July 28, 2011

Respuesta (Answer)

I have no special talents.  I am only passionately curious.  ~Albert Einstein

Questions are a marvel of mine.

There is something so provocative, so deeply poignant, found within the curious ponderings of the human mind.

It fascinates me.

And so now, as promised, I have come to answer the questions poised to me in this post by so many precious and equally curious minds: JessAshleyChristina, Kelsey, and Hannah.

In short, I will be honest...straightforward.

Read if you will.

What is your favourite type of music? 
Truly, I enjoy all types of music, with the exclusion of heavy metal, excessive rap, and overly "twangy" country. Those who know me know that my favourite artists include Owl City, Breanne Duran, Imogene Heap, and Brooke Fraser. 

If you could travel to three places, where would they be?
Peru. 
India. 
Paris.

What was your happiest moment last year? 
 To chose just one? So incredibly difficult. 
I would have to say the birth of my beautiful niece...holding her and cuddling with her for the first time, only moments after her birth. Such a precious gift, and such a beautiful moment. 

A few of your favourite bloggers?
To make this list is so deeply complicated and so very difficult! 
I love every single one of my fellow bloggers...but those that top my list are CarlottaOliviaRainJoceeJess, Polka Dot, and Grace

Your pet peeves?
People that interrupt. Men that disrespect/make jokes that degrade women. Theatrical politics. Dripping faucets. Daily drama being made public. Phones ringing in movie theaters/playhouses/etc. 

Your pet loves?
Kisses on my face, forehead, and nose. My niece's smile. Hearing my love call me beautiful. The Book of Isaiah. British accents. Properly used grammar. Inca Cola & Dr. Pepper. Sunsets. Hand-written letters. The smell of new books.  Watching the face of the groom as the bride walks down the aisle. Laughter. My King. 

How do you write so well? Did you take a course? 
I do not write so well. I write my heart on the page, and you may do with it what you will. And no, I did not take a course or any sort of college education, save the classes I took during High School.

Where do you find the pictures that you have in your posts?
Unless otherwise captioned, all photos are taken from WeHeartIt

What is your favourite holiday?
Easter, hands down. 
Such love and glory magnified into one single day. The world can barely contain such beauty.

What are three of the books that influenced you and your writing the most, books that inspire you, books that make you who you are?
To only choose three? Difficulty personified. 
Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowling
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
I assumed the Bible was a given, as it and its Authour have transformed my life.

Which people, either living or dead, inspire you the most?
My grandfathers, one who is now with his King, and the other with whom I still cherish this lifetime.
My grandmothers, both beautiful and strong women who have prayed me into existence.
My birthmother. Flooded with courage. 
My mother. My model.
My father. My hero.
My sister. My best friend.
My love. My champion, and my Prince Charming.
My King. My Savior. My God. My Father.

If your house caught fire, which five items would be the most important for you to save?
My Bible.
My stuffed lamb, Lucy, which I have had since I was born. I love her. I am unashamed to admit this.
My laptop.
Other than these things, nothing else matters more than the lives of those whom I love and care about. If they are safe, I am the richest of women. 

White, dark, or milk chocolate.
Yes, yes, and yes. 
What is one without the others?

If you have read to the end of this post, I applaud your endurance...I value your curiosity.

If you have any other questions for me, never be afraid to ask them. There is always room for more answers, even if it takes another post to answer them 

Never stop searching for answers. 

You never know from whom and from whence they shall be found. 

Curiosity is little more than another name for Hope.  ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare

8 comments:

  1. You actually like the book of Isaiah? Wow! That's one book of the bible that is difficult for me to understand. I'm glad you find pleasure in reading it. :)

    I enjoyed reading the responses to your questions. This way, I got to know a little bit more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so weird in the way that I like it when people do questionnaires like that. xD I enjoy learning more about my blogger friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading people's answers to questionnaires! I enjoyed reading what you wrote here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. honored to be included. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your answers! But I'm still not satisfied that you didn't take any classes. You just write wayy too good!

    Your pet loves are wonderful!

    love and hugs,xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, my dears. You are all true inspirations.

    No, I had no writing classes, except for my required( and not required) classes in high school. Required credits were 4...I took 9. =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was so lovely to read. :) & your favorite holiday answer was just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon