Saturday, July 23, 2011

Reflétant

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?  ~Winnie the Pooh

Tonight, I am taking the time to think.

I'm not sure what it is about tonight that is causing my mind to become lost in thought.

Perhaps it is the fact that the sky is finally calm...after almost three days of storm-churned clouds and pounding rain.

Or that I had my second dose of the final Harry Potter movie tonight, and was reminded yet again just how much my heart belongs in the stone corridors of Hogwarts.

Maybe it was the taste of the entire pack of strawberry Twizzlers I slowly nibbled through this evening until the wrapper was empty and the fruity taste of the only member of the licorice family that I enjoy lingered gently on my lips.

Might it have been the growing list of questions that have begun to collect on my blog...brimming with untouched inspiration, awaiting  my answers in the coming days?

Perhaps it was the way I spent my day...curled on the couch in the company of three other women whom I greatly admire, laughing and weeping and learning together amid plates of summer salads and fresh-cut fruit.

Whatever the cause, my mind is lost in itself tonight.

I'm not even sure what I'm thinking about, to be honest.

I'm simply overflowing with the beauty of life.

My thoughts dazzle me, as though the stars had melted with my dreams, calling me to waltz with them tonight.

There is much to be said for the beauty speaking...

...but there is much unsaid for the elegance of secret thoughts.

And then, when the Empress ran aground / And my eyes turned blue and green, / I heard a gorgeous sound, / And that's when it became a dream / When the sky fell in, / When the hurricanes came for me, / I could finally crash again, / And that's how I became the sea. ~Owl City, How I Became the Sea

4 comments:

  1. this is a really beautiful post! sometimes i just get into a mood where all i want to do is just think, and there are so many thoughts in my head! :)

    thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautful. This describes how in words I have felt many times before but have had no idea what to do with it all. And my heart, too, belongs in Hogwarts.
    --Sara Beth
    {www.purpleish247.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You have such a way with words...reading your blog always leaves me feeling a little better about something. :)

    -LeAhnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. soo lovely.

    "...but there is much unsaid for the elegance of secret thoughts." it seems what with facebook and twitter and blogging, everyone is always sharing every part of who they are. but you're right--there is something truly special about what you keep with only yourself.

    i am going to keep that with me.

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon