Monday, May 23, 2011

Moi (Me)

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings

My blog got a makeover.

And to be honest, I could not be more in love with the new look...almost to the point of being giddy with sheer euphoric delight.

The new look is truly a blessing straight from the hand of God to this humble blogger.

My sweet friend and fellow blogger, Jocee (who can be found at Cupcake Dictionary) gave a great deal of her time and energy to making my little blog look truly beautiful.

And so, to her, I raise a cup of coffee. Brava, sweetheart!

But as I sat at my computer, observing the new layout and design of this little corner of the internet that I call home...I was truly struck by something.

The blog finally looks like me.

Before, my blog's design was pretty with hints of my desired drama and elegance...but it lacked any sense of personality or transparency. It was vague and airy with very little of my fingerprint to be seen.

But now...it's truly paints a portrait of who I am.

My heart is made of red velvet curtains and sheet music, with a hint of rose petals for good measure....beating to the rhythm of Parisian streets and carriages passing atop cobblestone-paved avenues.

My blood runs red with passion and delight...composed with hints of freshly brewed coffee, melted chocolate, and the ink from a thousand pens.

My eyes glitter with stars and imagination...my nose is flooded with the aroma of country breezes and white jasmine.

My lips are laden with poetry and prose, glory and honor to the King of the universe.

My Hogwarts letter has been lost in the mail, and the plaintive cry of the wolf makes my breath rise and my skin shiver.

I am the love child of music and candlelight.

I am the daughter of Aslan, and my song is love.

I am a princes of the Kingdom of Heaven.

I am a thundering whisper. I am a roaring lamb.

I am no one else...

...only me.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss


1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. That description of you was just divine!! Brava to YOU, darling, that was just beautiful :)) And you're very welcome, again, for the blog design. Anytime, it was oh so much fun!!
    Great post, dearie :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon