Friday, May 27, 2011

100 Petals

"I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind..." ~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Within a space of days, another monumental event in the life of my blog has arrived.

100 posts.

Every last moment that I have poured into this blog is special... poignant and individual...each one with its own fingerprint and its own value, if only to my own heart.

I never knew a hundred moments could mean so much.

I never looked at the world through such oddly painted glass before I set this electronic pen to paper...

...before I set my soul, bare and fragile, before the world.

Each one of them is a petal upon which I have etched some strange illuminated magic....each one unique and precious.

Some of these bits of floral paper radiate out from the same floral center, while others come from strange and beautiful buds all their own.

It is as though a candle has been lit beneath them, bathing them with the golden light of heavenly inspiration until they take a different shape and cast a different shadow than ever before.

And as I count them, until fingers and toes run scarce, I am overwhelmed by my own passion.

I gaze back from une to cent, from एक to सौ, from one to one hundred...and I can do nothing but fall to my knees in wonder.

To have began in such a lowly state, and to have slowly risen to a place of delight and friendship...

...to picture-windows and wardrobes...to hand-bound poetry to gilded Dawn Treaders...to Hogwarts and Cair Paravel...

God, You have touched my hands...anointed my fingers...guided my dreams.

I am honored. I am overcome. I am lost in Your majesty.

I am a candle in the night.

A house upon the hill.
A petal in the breeze.

Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. ~Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. You are beautiful. Everything about you is beautiful. I just love this post. Wow. Wow. Wow. You know I love ya', girlie :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 100 posts! I'm almost there. :) You're a terrific writer. And I love those quotes!

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon