Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Primavera

If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. ~Nadine Stair

I adore spring.

If I had my way, we would skip all other seasons and live in a perpetual state of freshly budding flowers and 75-degree days.

Spring is beauty personified. Everything is springing up from death into life.

It is nature's greatest art form...God's most precious masterpiece.

It is fresh strawberries and bare feet buried in soft grass.

It is gentle breezes and holding hands by the lake, wind-swept waves caressing over lover's toes.

Spring is strawberry lemonade and frozen treats, just enough to send a tiny shiver up my spine.

It's driving with the windows down and my sunglasses resting on the bridge of my nose, the A Fine Frenzy playing just loud enough to make me shout and the wind warm as it musses my hair.

It's as if God poured all of His love, elegance, and passion into this perfect season...three beautiful months of serenity, whispering rain, and teasing breezes.

This is the season of Holiness...the season where death's sting became a distant memory and its power was lost forever.

The season of blood, splintered wood, and iron nails.

The season of empty tombs and "He is not here, for He is risen."

Spring is the season of life. Renewal. Redemption. Resurrection. Restoration.

Spring is my bliss...

...and I can't wait to find it again.

And [the angel] said to them, "Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified He has risen; He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him. ~Mark 16:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon