Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New

When the years are showing on my face / And my strongest days are gone / When my heart and flesh depart this place / From a life that sung Your song / You'll still be the one I want. ~Brooke Fraser, Arithmetic

I spent a portion of this morning wrapped up in the Word of God -- the book of Revelation, to be precise. And I have to say, it was the most precious part of my day thus far.

As my eyes traced over the pages, eagerly soaking in each verse, the truth of what I was reading washed over me in an overwhelming way. Tears flooded my eyes as the reality and the longing swept through my heart like a beautiful flood.

And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True...and I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God...He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” (Revelation 19:11, 21:3, 5)

It was as if I had been dwelling in the desert for months without a drop of water. The struggles and pain that have marred my life over the past several months had drained me dry. Somehow, I had become lost without even fully realizing...

...and then my amazing and powerful God opened up a well of the purest water directly beneath me.

His voice whispered in my ear, "See, Beloved! I am Faithful and True, and I am here, making you new!"

It was in that moment that I finally found myself realizing...discovering...breathing again.

He is Faithful. He is True. And He is making us new...

...new again in the fullness of His glory and His might! He is captivating me once again, reminding me that His ways are not the same as my ways, and that His heart is for me.

He is new every morning. His mercy comes with the dawn...

...and He holds me spellbound.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon