Wednesday, August 18, 2010

World-Turners

The people who influence us the most are not those who detain us with their continual talk, but those who live their lives like the stars in the sky and “the lilies of the field”— simply and unaffectedly. Those are the lives that mold and shape us. ~Oswald Chambers


This is for the ones who live...
...who stand up when the world is sitting down...
...who fight when everyone else has fled the battlefield.

I wish you knew exactly how you
Inspire me.

I wish I had the right words to convey
How much you
Amaze me.

Maybe it's the way you stand alone,
Moving the crowd
Instead of them moving you.

Maybe it's the way you love from day to day.
From the simple word
To the more precious gesture.
You live the love.

You inspire me to push upward.
Onward.
Heavenward.

You're more than just my friends...
...more than just my family...
...you're my heroes.

You're my favorite kind of inspiration.

Because you don't just talk.

You live.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon