Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes, I wonder if my pen will, one day, run out of ink...

...if one morning, I will wake up and discover that I've used up all my inspiration and I'll be left with nothing but overused ideas and broken dreams.

What if the day comes that I find that I can't write anymore?

It was in the 3rd grade that I discovered that ink flowed in my veins instead of blood and that my heart was made of parchment and leather bindings. Ever since then, writing has been something that has defined me.

I never want to run out.

So, I've decided that I never will.

I've found something that I love, something that makes me feel alive...

...something that glorifies Him with every letter and every page that I write...

...what would ever make me want to stop?

One day, I'll look over my old writings, as if they were a photograph of moments gone by and fondly remembered.

I write the good and the bad, the joyful and the sorrowful, the delightful and the frightening.

It's my story.

I glorify Him with the thing I love the most.

I bless those I love with my words.

That's more than enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon