Thursday, July 29, 2010

Simply TOMs

The time has come.

I have a blog that is read by my family, friends, and various other people in the world out there...the least I can do is give back a little.

Those of you that know me are aware that I have a heart for missions and reaching out to those people in other countries that have little or nothing of their own.

I also love supporting and promoting organizations that use simple, ordinary things to make an incredible difference in the world.

Enter stage left: TOMs Shoes .

Their movement concept is simple: With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need.

All you have to do to touch someone's life is to buy a pair of these amazing, adorable, comfortable shoes.

A pair for a pair.

This is such an incredible concept to me. Everyone buys shoes. It's almost second nature to us, particularly to us girls, who find shoe shopping to be almost as entertaining as a good book.

Shoes are simple. They're there. We slip them on our feet every morning and rush out the door; half the time, it hardly crosses our minds.

So take a minute.

Check out their website: www.toms.com.

Learn about what they do.

Maybe you can even participate in "One Day Without Shoes" -- 4-8-11.

Make a difference. Wear TOMs.

"And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward." ~Matthew 10:42

3 comments:

  1. Grandma's got a pair. They're sorta weird-looking, but a needy kid got a pair too! YIPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a pair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous...I used to at one point, but they've been lost. I really need to get another pair!

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon