Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Heartbreak

Tonight, my heart is broken.

Not for myself.

For those around me who are standing at the edge of a cliff, hearts screaming in pain with no way of escape.

Tonight, my tears are for you.

For the man who looks back at a past love, and shakes his head. Her face still haunts his silent nights, the memories that cannot be shaken, no matter how hard he tries. The silent questions burn as hot as white flames, searing his heart with suffocating agony. "What does he have that I don't? What was wrong with me? And why can't I let you go?"

Oh, why can't you see that you are better than he is; her loss is greater than yours... I wish you could see...you are a greater hero than you know, a more devoted brother than you yourself can understand...I wish I could patch your heart up and make you well again.

For the beautiful girl who looks in the mirror and hates who she sees...who wants to be different, and yet, wants to blend into the masses of skinny people. And yet, she wants to change. Wants to be free....the questions and thoughts tumble like a load of freshly-washed clothes in a drier. "Why don't I fit? Why can't I stop this? Why can't I just be normal? Why can't I be someone else? Why!?"

Dear one, you are so very beautiful. You are an angel, and His princess. Just reach up...He's there, beloved! Please, hang on. Fight with everything you have...I'm on your side!

For the young couple, clinging to promise rings and late night conversations as the distance and the time fights against them. The tears flow every night as she looks into the sky and sees the same moon that he can see so many states away. "Why is this wait, this distance, so hard? Why can't I be with you now? Why is this love tearing me in two?"

Love is hard, but it is worth it. Cast aside your doubts and your fears; let Him carry you! He knows your hearts and your pain. He will carry you both...from now until you walk down that aisle. You are His bride, my beautiful one. And His groom-in-training, handsome Prince of the King. Wait...the day is coming!

For the solider across the ocean, gazing at the picture of the beauty he left behind. The tears they both have shed, and the fear in both their hearts would be enough to stop the world from turning. The unspoken hurts and sorrows in her eyes were more than enough to break his heart. "Will he make it home? Will he be safe? Oh God, please bring him back to me!"

God is your protector, warrior; He is your shoulder to cry on, darling girl. God has you both in his hands. Do not worry or fear. God is on the throne...He sees you, dear ones!

My tender heart breaks for you. My knees are bruised from the prayers I send up for you night after night.

You are loved. You are prayed for every day!

And above all, YOU ARE HIS!

1 comment:

  1. "For the young couple, clinging to promise rings and late night conversations as the distance and the time fights against them. The tears flow every night as she looks into the sky and sees the same moon that he can see so many states away. "Why is this wait, this distance, so hard? Why can't I be with you now? Why is this love tearing me in two?"" This part got to me, and had me tearing up a little, not gunna lie.

    ReplyDelete

I look at you and see all the ways a soul can bruise, and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your spine so you know there's nothing but light when I see you. :: Shinji Moon